ChibiOS 3.0.x support

woodstock

I'm not sure what your stance is on supporting ChibiOS 3.0.x vs 2.6.x, but I have noticed one bug when using ChibiOS 3.0.x and there may be others that I have not encountered.

I've just noticed that in another source file you appear to support both major versions of the kernel through the preprocessor define CH_KERNEL_MAJOR. I have created a patch that uses this define to switch between two different chunks of code, however you may want to do something like the following instead:

#if CH_KERNEL_MAJOR == 2
#define MSG_OK RDY_OK
#endif

patch.patch.zip

Well, both ChibiOS/RT 2.x and 3.x are officially supported by uGFX. However, as you just demonstrated there are always some hidden things that got missing during the process. This happens because it's nearly impossible for us to compile every feature for every given platform.

Anyway: Thank you very much for your patch. We just pushed that one to the repository (but we didn't test it. If you can give it a final test that would be great).

I am not sure what your code snipped is about. The support for ChibiOS 2.x and ChibiOS 3.x is implemented into /src/gos/gos_chibios.[ch] using the method you demonstrated (with checking for the CH_KERNEL_MAJOR macro).

Changing the definition of anything that has been defined in ChibiOS/RT itself is definitely a bad approach.

We really enjoy the patches that you are delivering. It makes life a whole lot easier for us. Please keep up the good work!

~ Tectu