"GFX_USE_OS_RAWRTOS" is not defined

woodstock

Hi,

I am very new to uGFX (discovered it two days ago!), but I have to say it is fantastic! :P

When I compile my project with uGFX I get many warnings about "GFX_USE_OS_RAWRTOS" not being defined:

ugfx/src/gos/gos_rules.h:27:140: warning: "GFX_USE_OS_RAWRTOS" is not defined [-Wundef]

While this is not an error, it is slightly annoying. I have fixed this in my own working copy by adding the following lines into gos_options.h:

/**
* @brief Use RAWRTOS
* @details Defaults to FALSE
*/
#ifndef GFX_USE_OS_RAWRTOS
#define GFX_USE_OS_RAWRTOS FALSE
#endif

I have attached the patch for this. Does anyone else also get this warning?

Using arm-none-wabi-gcc (version 4.9.3), Eclipse, ChibiOS 3.0, Mac OSX 10.11, compiling for STM32F103.

I am also quite new to version management and working on open source projects, so I would like to ask what is the usual procedure for suggesting fixes like this? Should I submit a pull request?

Woodstock

[EDIT] It appears I cannot upload the attachment...

Hello woodstock and welcome to the community!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We just fixed it: https://bitbucket.org/Tectu/ugfx/commit ... 3af9acbf6e

We appreciate your contribution.

Regarding file uploads: I just double checked and file uploads are definitely allowed. However, as you mentioned that you uploaded the patch file we assume that it was a *.patch extension which was not whitelisted. We added this extension to the list of allowed extensions.

For the future: You can get around that filter by just wrapping everything inside a ZIP archive ;)

Regarding contributions: What you did is certainly fine and the world would be a better place if everybody would be that thorough like you.

The most important things are:

• Detailed explanation of what is wrong / what changed / what feature was added and a short test case that either allows to reproduce the problem or demonstrating the new feature
  • Adding information about the used toolchain, platform, etc.
  • Uploading a patch file to the forum post

Pull requests certainly work as well but personally we prefer to have a bare patch file attached to a forum post.

~ Tectu

It is interesting that you got warnings for this as it is part of the C preprocessor standard. A preprocessor variable not defined is treated as having a value of 0 (or false if tested as a boolean).

Whilst we have added the define as we like to be complete with our definitions, you might want to tone down the compiler warning settings a little.

Thank you for your help and for the commit.

I should have noted that I have the following warning options enabled: -Wall -Wextra -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes. Although I do like to be thorough with my warnings, maybe this is a little excessive...

For small contributions (like this one), is it worth opening a new thread just for that single contribution?

The reason I ask is because I have found another bug (I think :D ). See attached patch (I was not able to upload a *.patch file, so had to zip it as per your suggestion).

patch.patch.zip