Font Size

Austin

Hello,

I am working on an application and am trying to make numbers on the screen. The problem I am running into is that all the fonts I have tried are very small on the screen itself (see picture). Is there a way to make the font bigger? I am currently using the  Large Numbers font currently and have tried other fonts but nothing else seems bigger.

Thanks in advance!

Screen.bmp

Hi,

You can use any font you want with µGFX. Therefore, you can just use a font of a different size. The font converter allows you to use any TTF and BDF font you can find which you can render to any size. Here's the corresponding documentation: https://wiki.ugfx.io/index.php/Font_rendering#Adding_fonts

There are four ways to encode a font:

• Use the online font converter (currently unavailable)
  • Use the font converter inside GFX-Studio
  • Use the pre-compiled font converter that comes with the library
  • Compile the font converter yourself from the source that comes with the library

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear that! :)

The online font converter tends to be down quite a lot (we currently have about 80% availability on the statistics). The reason for that is because we're hosting quite a lot of servers (µGFX is a spin-off of an already existing engineering company. We're running a lot of stuff for different projects and also customers. Whenever we do any kind of migrations, changing environment or doing any other kind of modifications we test everything in a test setup. Once we feel comfortable we always move the µGFX online font converter first as it's a pretty good reference server (it uses a few different technologies) which allows us to test everything from simple backups to load balancing and high availability systems.

It's just that the online font converter is the perfect balance between "not critical infrastructure" and "people actually use it" which is just awesome for testing everything before touching real production environments.